Wednesday, February 18, 2009

confessions of a maternityjeanaholic

hello.

I'd like to believe that AtI is a safe place (p.s. i just decided, right this instant, to give my blog a shortened title - makes me feel fancy). A place where honesty is held as the highest virtue. Where people can feel at home to be themselves - no gimics, no trite answers, no spin... well maybe a little bit of spin - i love spin. so, i need to come clean; the truth needs to be told. Here it is :: 3 months out & i am still wearing maternity jeans (there will be NO picture of this phenomenon, sorry). Reasons are two-fold: 1. up until recently no other jeans fit, 2. in case you hadn't heard i got wicked stretch-marks (not happy) and what i call "hard jeans" hurt like hot iron pokers into tender flesh. So, what is the cure? I've asked around to no avail. However, today I may have found an answer - DISCOUNT SHOES!!!! two-thirds off and one-hundred percent awesome::

$13


$15


$11


bought these last month from j.crew's online final sale. it has taken me 2.5 winters to get snow boots. lame, i know. but, i got a great deal on them
$35


also, since i was photographing my purchases i thought i'd put in a plug for my favorite store: LUSH. I got this shampoo today, I'm hoping against hope that it puts a little more platinum in my blond.
fyi: $8.50


so, after a little smidge of retail-therapy i'm feeling okay with wearing pantalones de maternidad for the foreseeable future. Another confession - they are the most comfortable pants I've ever worn (except they are starting to sag ... ugh) and when I first put them on 9 months ago I said outloud "I'm not sure I'll ever wear anything else ever again!"

here's to eating my words,
erin

blog addendum #1:

newsflash - one of east coast besties Melissa K got engaged this weekend. Em and I got the pleasure of her company today. I got some good coversation & a latte, Em got a snuggle & nap in Miss-Lissa's arms. Here is a pic of the lady showing off her amazing engagement ring (props to fiance Odoi for picking it out). I kind of want one. Sleep with one eye open Melissa!


blog addendum #2:

Em is back in the bowl - not so happy about it. Mommy is mean. :)


blog addendum #3:

the little girl loves her momma. so much that she now cries when i leave the room, don't look her in the eye while she's awake (like to talk to another person or read an email or blink), and if i talk while nursing ... blood curdling screams. em demands that if you are in her presence you must act as if no one else exists - i try to take it as a sign of love. funny side note: if i am the one to put her asleep she can be cranky-cranky tired with red eyes and big yawns, but if she can make contact with my open eyes she will fight to stay awake. though, the minute i close my eyes but keep "looking" at her she will follow suit and go to sleep. silly baby.

i kind of crazy about her too.

6 comments:

Holly Snyder Thompson said...

Yellow shoes = awesome.

Jealous you got to see Miss Lissa.

Em loves the bowl.

Nice earrings.

So glad you are blogging again.

Team Jones said...

I am so content after reading this entry. It was a full meal and my blog hunger is satisfied. Nice shoes by the way.

ricagorby said...

i wish those yellow mocs were mine. oh and that's awesome/hilarious about the eye contact thing. i love it.

Amy Grabow said...

Glad to have found your blog. Don't worry about the maternity jeans. I was in mine for 6 months pp until Graham started on solids. I held onto my weight while nursing and then it came right off. Now, my prepregnancy jeans are too big! My body changed and most of my weight shifted to my gut. So though my legs and but are slim, I still look 3+ months prego. Ahh, the sacrifices we moms go through. Love the blog and love the pictures!

bachmanville said...

So glad to hear your voice! You are beautiful- who cares about jeans. They are the most comfy things.... I want to be pregnant again just to wear them.
The shoes are amazing. I covet them all. Well...except the boots. I don't have a real need for boots in my life.
Your little girl is funny & adorable, just like her mommy. Miss you both.
xoxoxoxo

Megan Jacobsmeyer said...

WHY AREN'T ALL OUR PANTS COMFORT waistband? this I don't get, why the zippers, buttons and lack of stretch when you sit- senseless design I tell you. I plan on wearing my less obvious maternity clothes for the rest of my life- besides, some of those jeans are super cute. You will not wear alone. =)
=)